One of the things I have learned in advising building materials companies is that there are no hard and fast rules.
- A lower price does not mean your sales will increase.
- A higher price does not mean your sales will decrease.
- You don’t need a new website, content marketing, CRM, social media or marketing automation to succeed.
- More salespeople does not necessarily mean more sales.
- Spending more on marketing may not be the best way to grow.
- Despite what I say, trade shows and print advertising can be a good investment for you.
You need a price for your products. You need a way to let customers know about your product. And you need a way for them to purchase it. But how you do those things is up to you.
It takes the right combination of pricing, product, service, sales, and marketing to continue growing.
You can’t afford to do everything.
There is no Best Way. There is Only Better.
There are plenty of companies that will argue very convincingly that the world will end unless you:
- Reserve your space for next year’s trade show
- Start using Hubspot or Salesforce
- Spend money on advertising
- Train your salesforce
- Use the kind of solution they’re selling
There are also internal people who think they have the answers.
And then there’s a tendency to follow the competitors and do what they do.
And just like I say, “There is no best way to do anything. There is only better.”
Gary Vaynerchuk says, “There is no right way. There is only right for you.”
Subscribe To My Newsletter
If you like what I say, sign up for my newsletter here and get my weekly newsletter every Sunday night.